🕒 We are all counting down to June 8, waiting to see how Sandra Bullock’s unique team of 8 pulls what is now considered the biggest heist of the Met Gala.
Cartier’s Toussaint diamond necklace is the ‘koko (subject)’ of the Oceans 8 movie to be released in cinemas come June 8, this month.
Here’s what you need to know about the Toussaint.
1. The original Toussaint necklace was designed in 1931 by Jacques Cartier.
2. It was designed for the Maharaja of Nawanagar.
3. The original Toussaint necklace no longer exists.
4. Cartier, thank God, preserved in its archives the original design drawing.
5. The design drawing has a lot of scribbling that makes sense only to a jeweler.
6. The design drawing was used as a reference to create Ocean’s 8 Toussaint.
7. Ocean’s Tours was created exclusively by Cartier for the movie.
8. The design is a tribute to Jeanne Toussaint, Cartier’s creative director in the 1930s.
9. According to the movie, Ocean’s 8 Toussaint necklace is worth $150 million.
10. Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina, Helena Bonham Carter, Sarah Paulson and Anne Hathaway are the cast members of Ocean’s 8.
Photo Source: Instagram, @cartier.