Irish Potatoes Omelet with Avocado and Banana Smothie and an Apple
Yesterday, my friend Simon asked me to share on the Hauz some of the meals I prepare with a step by step recipe. I am trying it out out now and I hope you enjoy this category of the Hauz, thank you.
I prepared this meal around November last year, after my elder sister and I came back from Abuja. I had always wanted to prepare Irish Potatoes in a way different from the conventional fried chips 🍟. I got the idea of Irish potatoes and eggs from Bellanaija Cuisine and here I tweaked it my way, differently.
This can be breakfast or lunch, not heavy on the stomach, filling, tasty and meets dietary requirements. It’s an Irish Potatoes and eggs combo with Smothie and a piece of Kilishi (Nigerian beef jerky).
Ingredients for a single serving
Irish Potato Omelet
. 6 Irish Potatoes (medium diced)
. 2 Large Eggs
. 2 Fresh Tomatoes
. 1 Ball of Onions
. 3 Fresh Pepper (for presentation, I use red and green pepper)
. 1 Clover of Garlic (minced)
. Salt to taste
. 2 cubes of Royco seasoning or Knorr
. 1/2 teaspoon of ground Thyme
. 1/2 teaspoon of ground Curry
. A piece or slice of Kilishi (Nigerian Beef Jerky)
Avocado and Banana Smothie
. 1 Avocado
. 2 fingers of Banana
. 1/2 cup of evaporated milk (Peak) or Aqua Rapha Yoghurt.
. Freshly fried groundnuts.
Preparation for the Irish Potatoes Omelet
1. Set a clean, clear and safe working environment.
2. Wash and peel Irish Potatoes and dice into medium cubes.
3. Set it in a pot with a little water, season with curry powder, thyme and a cube of Royco or Knorr and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
4. Finely dice your tomatoes, onions, garlic, pepper and set it aside.
5. Break your eggs into a bowl and beat it, adding a pinch of salt to taste.
6. After the egg is cooked, sieve the remaining liquid and place the Irish potatoes in a bowl.
7. Fry your tomatoes, onions, garlic and pepper in the olive oil seasoning it with salt and Royco or Knorr cubes.
8. Add the cooked Irish potatoes and stir for 3 minutes until finely mixed.
9. Pour the eggs over the mixture until properly cooked and set it aside.
Preparation for Avocado and Banana Smoothie
I like to prepare and refrigerate my Smoothie before cooking a meal.
1. Cut the avocado and separate the skin from the pulp, placing it in a clean blender.
2. Peel the banana, cut it into cubes and set it also in the blender.
3. Add the liquid milk or Aqua Rapha Yoghurt into the blender and blend.
Serve the Irish Potatoes Omelet with your brown spicy Kilishi and pour your smoothie into a glass. You can pour the fried groundnut over the smoothie for extra kicks, don’t forget the apple.