Irish Potatoes again? I am thinking that too.
Good day everyone and welcome to my food inspo and try-out sessions. I have a simple fresh salad dish for you here, mixed with cooked Irish potatoes.
This was an experimental dish and I like how it turned out. I was to serve the salad with banana pancakes, but time was not on my side.
So, here we go…
Ingredients for Fresh Salad with Irish Potatoes
For the Irish Potatoes
1. Irish Potatoes
3. Red Pepper
6. Chicken Seasoning
For the Fresh Salad
4. Fresh Tomatoes
6. Tinned or Fresh Kidney Beans
Preparation for the Irish Potatoes
1. Wash the Irish potatoes.
2. Cut into medium sized cubes (the size of the cubes depend on how large your potatoes are.
3. Place the cubes in a clean pot and add the onions (sliced), fresh pepper (pounded or sliced), chicken seasoning, Maggi and salt.
4. Cook the Irish potatoes until tender.
5. Drain any liquid left from the potatoes and spread the Irish potato cubes in a tray to cool.
6. When cool, place the tray of Irish potatoes in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Preparation for the Fresh Salad
1. Wash vegetables carefully.
2. Slice the fresh tomatoes and cucumber into little circles. I like to do these first, because it takes such little time.
3. Place the sliced tomatoes and cucumber in a plate and set aside.
4. Cut the cabbage and carrots.
5. If using fresh kidney beans, cook it first. Since it takes a long time to cook, start with the beans first before the potatoes, but if you are using a tinned can of kidney beans, just follow the instructions on the label.
5. Now that everything needed is ready, start the process of mixing them all together.
6. Since I was not serving immediately, I simply arranged my prepared ingredients into layers starting with the cabbage, carrots, Irish potatoes, sprinkle of kidney beans and so on.
7. I forgot eggs 😶.
Well, that’s that. My experimental dish worked, yay!!!